Saturday, May 8, 2010

Are you a writer?


I'm sure that you have heard of the Internet writing explosion. I talked about this in an earlier post. Writing for the web is a big trend today. You can earn money part time or even become a full time freelance writer. I wish this was around when I was in college, but now you don't have to leave your house or dorm to work as a writer. This is a new fascination of mine. As I explore more and more websites, I came across some veteran freelance writers who give some really great advice. Here are some sites to check out to ready yourself for the world of freelance writing.

Sharon Hurley Hall is a full time freelance writer who has two master degrees and a successful writing career
http://www.getpaidtowriteonline.com/http

Writers Weekly is a freelance writer ezine that post jobs and writing markets
http://www.writersweekly.com/

If you are ready to get started, there are several writing content mills that will give you money for your time and effort. Although some of these mills get a bad rap, they are great places to start. I would not end my writing career here though. Use these as a stepping stone for bigger and better things. One of the more notorious writing mills is Demand Studios.

Pros: Demand Studios pays twice a week, there is a steady flow of work and it is a good place to get in the habit of writing everyday.

Cons: You can get fired from there, the editors sometimes don't have a clue ,some people can not get accepted.

I have mixed feeling about this place but I have to say that I did develop a desire to write everyday. The more I write, the better I get. The skill that I thought I once lost came back. I am a work in progress. So try DS a your own risk. Don't let someone tell you about it,try it yourself. If you are a writer, just write!

No comments:

Post a Comment